Your investment in Future Harvest CASA demonstrates your commitment to the integrity of food and farming in the Chesapeake foodshed. It also delivers tangible benefits that help you be a more educated and connected farmer, producer, advocate or consumer.
Please click here to choose a membership level and become a member online, or keep reading to learn more about our member benefits.
Increase Your Knowledge
Events and workshops keep your skills sharp, with significant registration discounts for members.
- Multiple field days and workshops each year offer peer-to-peer learning for farmers of every level of experience, in the field on local farms, at farmers markets and other venues
- The Beginner Farmer Training Program prepares new farmers of all ages through classes on business and planning fundamentals, and hands-on apprenticeships with Future Harvest CASA farmer-trainers
- Intensive sessions on business and marketing topics, sustainable agriculture research and best practices, and policy and regulatory issues at our annual Farming for Profit and Stewardship Conference
Future Harvest CASA is a one-stop shop for staying up-to-date on news that affects you.
- www.futureharvestcasa.org – Comprehensive Sustainable Ag Events calendar; news feeds including National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition; Farmer Resources and Consumer Resources tabs
- CASA Notes – monthly email newsletter highlighting events, news, funding opportunities and policy issues
- Facebook and Twitter – Followers share breaking news and informative micro-conversations
- Topic of Interest Groups – Forums for practitioners to share with others in the same agricultural or nonprofit niche – members-only benefit!
Grow Your Business
Our tools connect farmers and consumers, service providers and sustainable farmers, with free or reduced-price member participation.
- The Amazing Grazing directory is the only listing of grass-based farms in selling meat, poultry, dairy and eggs directly to consumers in the Chesapeake region
- Coming soon – The Sustainable Farms directory will be a comprehensive listing of farms using a variety of sustainable practices, giving the consumer the background to make informed buying decisions
- Organizational members each have the opportunity to share one important announcement or event invitation per year with the entire email database through a dedicated email blast
- Sponsorship of field days, workshops and the Farming for Profit and Stewardship Conference offer unmatched exposure to the sustainable agriculture community
Strengthen the Regional Food System
Be part of a strong collective voice advocating for policies that support sustainable agriculture.
- Participate in National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition “farmer fly-ins” on Capitol Hill as well as lobby days at state capitals
- Receive action alerts and guidance on ways to make a difference on policy and issues of importance.
- Join our network of partner organizations that work cooperatively to make our regional food system stronger and healthier
- Help identify areas of cooperation and collaboration between states in the Chesapeake foodshed to create more opportunities for farmers to sell throughout the region
Sustainable agriculture needs your support – join or renew as a Future Harvest CASA member today!
Choose the membership level that best fits your needs:
- $25 - Student
- $40 - Individual
- $55 - Family (up to three (3) members of a family who work or live together receive benefits)
- $100 - Business or Organization (up to three (3) people qualify for all member benefits)
- $500 - Lifetime Individual Member
- $1,000 - Lifetime Business/Organization Member
Memberships are for 12 months - starting in the quarter when you join. To purchase or renew your membership, please click here. You'll be able to set up a website user profile, choose your membership plan and pay online in one simple transaction.
If you would prefer to pay your dues with a check, click here to download and print a membership form. Please mail this form, along with a check payable to:
Future Harvest CASA,
1114 Shawan Road, Suite 1, Cockeysville, MD 21030. Please
with any questions.